20 Dec The 10 finalist works of the School Sculpture Contest made with Recyclable Materials
We already have the 10 finalists of the School Sculpture Contest of Sculptures made with Recyclable Materials organized on the occasion of the Departure of the Round the World Sailing Race, The Ocean Race.
The sculptures have been made by students of Primary and ESO, who have put all their dedication and affection. The students have created very beautiful and original works. So much so that the jury, made up of Alicante Puerto de Salida, Grupo ANAYA and the Instituto de Ecología Litoral, had a really tough time.
This initiative is part of the Anaya Group’s line of work, which bases its social and civic values on the defense of education, human rights and environmental sustainability.
Thus, the objectives of this contest are:
– To raise awareness, in a didactic way, about the need to reuse and recycle in order to reduce waste and single-use plastics.
– To publicize the teamwork of the students from Alicante through the exhibition of the sculptures.
– Promote “Around the World Sailing” and instill interest in nautical sports and respect for the marine environment.
– To promote awareness of the sea and the oceans among young people through Ana Alonso’s Mares de Plástico Reader Project.
The finalist works are the following:
- 5ºB – C.P de Hurchillo
- 5ºC – Colegio Calasancio
- Year 9 – Colegio Costa Blanca International College
- 6º C.E.U Jesús María
- 6º – Colegio Diocesano Oratorio Festivo Novelda
- 6º – Colegio Fundación Antonio Bonny
- 6ºB – C.P Rafael Altamira
- 6ºB – Colegio CEIP Manjón Cervantes
- 1ºESO (A-D ) – IES La Malladeta
- 1ºESO – Colegio San José Calasanz